Saturday, March 26, 2005

Simultaneously LCD+CRT for Linux presentation

I know its stupid - it works for nearly all out there. It even used to (I think it did, though I have started having doubts) for me, some ~1 year back. Yet, the Fn+F8 key does not take me through the
"LCD (local laptop display) - LCD+CRT - CRT (external monitor, projector)"
loop. It only gives you only of LCD and CRT - which is OK for playing games on a large screen but not ok for presentation stuff.
Did some RTFM and here's the way to go (its video card specific - and guess what I have :-) - the poor-man's genie Intel 845GL). Add the following line to the end of Device Section in your xorg.conf file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf):
---------->8-------------------------
Option "MonitorLayout" "LFP+CRT,NONE"
---------->8-------------------------

One more excuse (for failing qualifier) removed. Yikes!

- d.

1 comment:

Martina said...

This is very stagger LCD and Simultaneously.

Post a Comment